Streaks, lines, or spots on copies can sometimes be easily fixed by cleaning the Constant Velocity Transfer Glass of your Xerox AltaLink machine. Here is a quick video guide from Xerox Support YouTube Channel on how to clean the Contact Velocity Transfer (CVT) Glass of your Xerox AltaLink machine:
Xerox® AltaLink® B8090 Family Cleaning the Constant Velocity Transfer Glass CVT
Cleaning the Constant Velocity Transfer Glass (CVT)
Regularly cleaning the Constant Velocity Transfer Glass on your Xerox copiers can prevent several issues. This include printing output with streaks, smears, and other marks that may transfer from the glass area when scanning documents.
Keep in mind that when you use the machine’s document feeder, your document will also pass over the stationary scanner and at the Constant Velocity Transport glass. Thus, any dirt or marks on either piece of the glass can cause lines or streaks on your copies, faxes, or scanned documents.
Below is a short and quick guide on how to clean Contact Velocity Transfer (CVT) Glass of your Xerox AltaLink machine:
Things to Remember
- Do not use any organic or strong chemical solvents.
- Do not use aerosol cleaners.
- Do not pour fluids directly onto the glass area.
- Use supplies and cleaning materials recommended by Xerox.
How to Clean CVT Glass on Xerox AltaLink Machines
- Step 1 – Open the scanner lid of your machine to access the document glass.
- Step 2 – Lightly dampen a lint-free cloth with eyeglass cleaner or lens cleaner. For best results, you can use Xerox cleaning fluid or Xerox film remover.
- Step 3 – Carefully and thoroughly clean the the document glass surface. Do not pour the cleaning liquid directly on to the glass.
- Step 4 – Clean the Constant Velocity Transport glass. This is the thin strip of glass located at the left of the Document Glass.
- Step 5 – Once done, close the scanner lid.