Replacing toner cartridges is the most common task that comes with owning laser printer. All laser printers eventually run out of toner after continuous printing and copying. Knowing how to replace toner cartridges on Xerox AltaLink C8070 quickly and correctly will let you get back to work faster.
Xerox AltaLink C8070 Family Replacing the Toner Cartridges
Replacing Toner Cartridges on Xerox AltaLink C8070 Series
When it is time to replace a toner cartridge, your device will display a message on the control panel.
Each toner cartridge includes installation instructions. Below is a complete guide on how to replace toner cartridges on Xerox AltaLink C8070 Series Machines:
- AltaLink C8030
- AltaLink C8035
- AltaLink C8045
- AltaLink C8055
- AltaLink C8070
AltaLink C8070 Series Cartridges:
- Xerox 006R01697 (6R01697) – Black Toner Cartridge
- Xerox 006R01698 (6R01698) – Cyan Toner Cartridge
- Xerox 006R01699 (6R01699) – Magenta Toner Cartridge
- Xerox 006R01700 (6R01700) – Yellow Toner Cartridge
Things to Remember
- When replacing a toner cartridge, make sure not to spill the toner. If, in any case, the toner spills, avoid contact with clothes, skin, eyes, and mouth. Do not inhale the toner dust.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe off spilled toner. Never use a vacuum cleaner to remove any toner spills. Electric sparks inside the vacuum cleaner can cause fire or explosion.
- If, in any case, you spill a large volume of toner, contact your local copier seller.
- Never throw a toner cartridge into an open flame. The remaining toner in the cartridge can catch fire and cause burn injuries or an explosion.
- Do not install a cartridge when the printer is copying or printing.
How to Replace Toner Cartridges on Xerox AltaLink C8070 Series
- Step 1 – Open the front cover of the machine.
- Step 2 – Firmly grip the cartridge handle and pull the toner cartridge straight out of the machine.
- Step 3 – Remove the toner cartridge from its packaging. Tilt the cartridge up and down, then left and right 10 times.
- Step 4 – Hold the new toner cartridge with the arrow facing up, then push it in slowly until it stops.
- Step 5 – Push gently on the toner cartridge to ensure it is placed securely.
- Step 6 – Close the front cover of the machine.
- Step 7 – Test a print to make sure everything is working well.